Saturday, December 20, 2014

Hard to find fabric

Have you ever bought a fabric, and then gone back to get some more and have it gone?
I often will buy fabric and not get around to using it for........awhile. Then when I do use it I often  need more.  What to do???
Here are some ways that I find that very hard to find fabric:
1-Keep the selvage!!  The selvage has information about the maker and sometimes the fabric line.  It will help you track it down.
2-Etsy is a great source for hard to find fabrics.  Lots of small business owners that have just the fabric you need.  It might be hard to find, but keep looking.
3- take a picture and put it on your social media page and ask you friends/ followers.  I have found some very nice people that are willing to part with some of their fabric stash.  
So, tell me...how do you track down fabric?
This is a fabric line that my Mom made her grandson a snuggle quilt.  He moved into a full size bed wanted the same material as his snuggle quilt.  Even though it was out of print, she was able to find some layer cakes on Etsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment